This was a quick camping trip with some of our small group families. We drove up to the mountains Friday evening. We set camp before nightfall and had time to goof around the campfire before lights out. Our girls slept in a tent with Courtney while Carl & I bunked with Stewart & Paula in their camper. Between Carl and Stew snoring and farting, I'm not sure how Paula and I got any sleep... (boys...)
Saturday, the guys went fishing at the local watering hole while the gals took off to Golden Forks Hot Springs. The ride to the springs seemed longer than last time, maybe I just couldn't wait to get there. We were one of the first people there to enjoy the mineral rich warm waters. We played around for a couple of hours, mostly in the family pool. That was cute. The family pool was surrounded by a fine white sand and there was sand in the bottom of the pool also. It was nice rubbing it into our skin while sitting there. Exfoliating... Karli and Calista loved the warm waters and the options of what temperature pools they wanted to soak in. The kids slept on the ride back to camp. It was a nice and quiet ride home... :)
Sunday we awoke to thunder and lightning over our heads. What a show!! That got us out of bed early. We had just about everything packed up before it was time for church. We attended services at Chapel in the Pines. We camped at their campgrounds Labor Day last year and had just as much fun.
You can see what little pictures I took at this link.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Absolutely perfect place to have a gathering with friends and/or family, and with pools of hot springs nearby how could a weekend go wrong. A place for the kids to play and have fun without too many restrictions, what memories are being made for them. I love that y'all love and enjoy your new home state. It is comforting. Love you, Mom
Thanks Cassie I really enjoy checking your blog for updates. The photos are amazing you are very talented. Missing you all oddles. Myrna
Post a Comment